Starting out in a new year, you take time to reflect… so let’s take a look at some of the positive advantages we have living in the great state of New Hampshire.
- NH has been ranked as the #1 State in the Country with “The best quality of life” by the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development.
- NH was named the “most livable state in the nation” for the 8th straight year according to Morgan Quitno Corp., of Kansas.
- NH was picked the #1 State for Retirement in the country according to MoneyRates.com.
- NH had the lowest crime rate in the country according to FBI Statistics.
- NH had the lowest poverty rate in the country, which reflects the highest standard of living in the USA.
- NH was rated the best place in the nation to raise children in the country by the National Kids Count Survey.
- NH was recognized as “The Best Place to Live” by the Washington Post- based on 9 criteria.
- NH was rated a 9.2 out of 10 by the OECD as the ‘Nation’s safest state”.
- As of November 2015 NH had the 4th lowest Unemployment Rate in the Country at 3.2% according to NSCL.
- NH has the 6th highest Median Household Income & Per Capita Income in the USA.
- Highest Ranking in the Country for Child and Family Well-being by The Annie E. Casey Foundation.
- NH has the highest ranking in the country for Senior-Health Related Quality of Life.
- NH has the lowest teenage birthrate and lowest infant mortality rate in the country.
- Lake Winnipesaukee, NH- was rated the #1 Retirement place in the country under the category “Leisure Living for Recreational and Cultural Opportunities”- rated by MacMillian Travel- 5th Edition of Retirement Rated Places.
- NH has the 7th Lowest Tax Burden in the US according to Forbes.com.
- NH is ranked #3 in the USA for the Healthy Housing Market according to LendingTree.com.
- NH is ranked #3 in the country for “Healthy Living”.
- NH Is ranked the #1 for Accessibility of Services with 70% of households reporting they have access to broadband.
- Students in NH have consistently placed among the top in the country in High SAT scores.
- NH is the second most forested state in the country. 87% of the land is covered by forests.
- NH ranks second in the country overall in the ability of its residences to achieve financial security, according to a Washington-based think-tank.
- NH was rated the “Second Best State for Insurance Rates” in the country.
- NH was ranked top in New England as “Best States for Business” by Forbes Magazine.
- NH was ranked 10th in the USA for “Pro-Business climate” by Business Facilities Magazine, the highest in New England.
- NH’s Voter turnout was 6th highest in the USA.
- We have the 3rd largest Citizen legislative body in the world.
New Hampshire’s accolades run far and wide! All of us living in this wonderful state should be very proud of its accomplishments and rankings.
Wishing you a healthy and prosperous new year!
Post written by Frank Roche, president of Roche Realty Group in Meredith & Laconia, NH. Frank can be reached at (603) 279-7046. Please feel free to visit www.s21794.p694.sites.pressdns.com to learn more about the Lakes Region and its real estate market.