Laconia – Tom Drouin of Roche Realty Group represented both the Seller and the Buyer of the Trustworthy Hardware Store building located at 1084 Union Ave in Laconia, NH, which has been in operation since 1978. The hardware store has enjoyed a long-standing relationship serving the needs of thousands of Lakes Region residents and second homeowners over the past 42 years.
The Seller of the property, Pamela Martineau-Langlitz, commented: “My dad was amazing.” He started as a master plumber and master electrician in New Hampshire and Massachusetts. Then he started Masi Plumbing & Co. in Nashua, NH. He moved to Laconia in 1971 and opened a rental business in the ‘old Laconia shoe building’ and then acquired the land at 1084 Union Ave shortly thereafter built the commercial building with major improvements to follow. ‘Moe’ Martineau added to the business over the years, was a fixture in the community, and loved by everyone over the years. Moe Martineau’s daughter Pam and his son-in-law, Mark, have operated the business after Moe’s passing to continue the family tradition.
- The property includes a 24,020 sqft retail building on 1.8 acres with 390 ft of waterfront on Paugus Bay at Lake Winnipesaukee
- Permanent docking system for 4-boats
- 10,000 sqft of heated retail space on the first level.
- 10,000 sqft of retail and bulk storage on the lower level.
- Freight elevator services both levels plus additional office space.
- Located on the major retail artery (Route 3) leading to I-93 or downtown Laconia
- Approximately 44 paved parking spaces.
- Approximately 365 ft of road frontage with excellent visibility and heavy traffic count.
The new owners of the property Nicholas Tramposi and Dr. Craig Gruskowski, have formed a new commercial group and have just closed on the property. Mr. Tramposi originally grew up in the Nashua area. After working with his father and family’s commercial endeavors. He then worked with the family’s development business in Citrus Hills, Florida. Nick currently resides in Laconia on Lake Winnipesaukee. Dr. Gruskowski, DMD, is a retired dentist from Littleton Mass and now resides in Meredith at Lake Winnipesaukee. He is a newly appointed forensic dental team member in New Hampshire, working with the medical examiner’s office at Concord Hospital.
The property was originally listed of sale by Roche Realty Group at $1.2 million. The new owners plan to lease the store to a national brand hardware franchised vendor. Tom Drouin of Roche Realty Group commented, “The new owners are excited about continuing the tradition and provide vital services to the community. You couldn’t have a better location overlooking the lake with an abundance of parking onsite.”