You can already feel the area rumbling with visitors and activity this week as the “World’s Oldest Motorcycle Rally” begins again.
No matter where you travel around the Lakes Region–from Alton Bay to the Weirs, Wolfeboro, Meredith or the White Mountains–you’ll see bikers out having a great time.
One draw is the great quantity and quality of events and activities taking place during Motorcycle Week. But another reason we host the nation’s third-largest and most enduring (96 years!) motorcycle event is because the Lakes Region has evolved into a premier destination market that offers great quality of life for visitors and residents alike.
“Live free or die” is a great motto for our state (and a perfect fit for anyone who rides a Harley) and we are so fortunate to have this popular annual event at the start of our tourist season to help jumpstart our local economy.
Here are a few reasons why so many of us are drawn to the Lakes Region and the beautiful state of New Hampshire:
- S. News & World Report recently ranked New Hampshire as the #2 best state overall in the country
- New Hampshire was named the “most livable state in the nation” for eight straight years
- New Hampshire is the second most forested state in the country, with 87 percent of the land covered by forests. That mean that, unlike riding in much of Florida during Daytona Bike Week, New Hampshire’s got an extremely interesting topography, certainly doesn’t have major metropolitan traffic gridlock, and has perfect temperatures for riding. This natural environment provides winding roads and a breathtaking setting for all of our biker friends to enjoy.
- New Hampshire was picked the number one state for retirement according to MoneyRates.com, and Lake Winnipesaukee was rated number one for retirement under the category “leisure living for recreational and cultural opportunities.” You will find a big percentage of the bikes here this week are ridden by Baby Boomers who are now reaching semi-retirement age. The Lakes Region for many of them is on their bucket list of places they would consider retiring to.
- New Hampshire has shown the second lowest unemployment rate in the country and it’s rated as one of the healthiest states to live it. It also has one of the lowest second lowest crime rates in the country, as well as a low poverty rate.
- Bikers in New England love our accessibility, where we’re only an hour and forty-five minutes from Boston.
- Our beautiful region offers 273 scenic lakes, ponds and rivers surrounded by the 760,000 acre White Mountain National Forest with 182 mountains over 3,000 feet in height.
So there’s good reason why we host a premiere motorcycle event mentioned in the same breath as events in Daytona, Florida and Sturgis, South Dakota… our state and our region are truly a biker’s paradise! Enjoy the country roads, the friendly hospitality, the beautiful scenery and the fond lifetime memories. You’ll see for yourself why New Hampshire was recognized as “the best place to live” by the Washington Post.
Given all those reasons, many visitors find themselves so enamored with the Granite State that they move here!
This contemporary post and beam home offers modern conveniences and efficiencies complemented by timeless beauty and appeal.
This one-of-a-kind, beautifully constructed three bed, two bath home with soaring exposed-beam ceilings sits deep on 3.28 acres, offering peace, privacy, nature and quiet… while being centrally located minutes from both downtown Meredith and Laconia. There’s a dine-in cook’s kitchen with stainless appliances, central island, hand-laid granite tile countertops, attractive cabinetry, and a woodburning stove.
The first floor also features a spacious bedroom with en suite bath, a laundry area, a bonus room/office and a workshop. Filled with floor-to-ceiling windows and sliders on both levels, this beautiful home offers abundant natural light, decks, a grand, central stone chimney, spacious bedrooms, to-die-for bathrooms, and a gas fireplace in the sprawling living area. Photos don’t do this property justice. You’ve got to see this gorgeous home in person to fully appreciate the tasteful quality throughout.
Better yet, this home also includes a deeded shared lake access lot with 150 feet of water frontage on Winnisquam–one of New Hampshire’s largest lakes–just a short walk down a peaceful dirt road. Also walking distance is Ahern State Park and 128 acres of hiking, non-motorized boating, biking and fishing on 3,500 feet of shoreline. Schedule a showing today if you value superior construction and interior design, privacy and lake access close to all the Lakes Region has to offer.
Welcome bikers and visitors to one of the most beautiful regions in one of the nation’s most beautiful states. If you want to join us for more than a week, schedule a showing today of this home that offers superior construction and interior design, privacy and lake access proximal to all the Lakes Region has to offer.
Brent Metzger is a Realtor® with Roche Realty Group in Meredith, NH. He may be reached at (603) 229-8322 or email@example.com.