Tilton, NH Town Profile
One of the “Twin Towns” of the Lakes Region, Tilton hosts Exit 20 on Interstate 93, a major jumping-off point for local excursions. Located in the southwest corner of Belknap County, it’s a local business and trade center. Tilton is home to the sixty-plus store Tanger Factory Outlet Mall, Lowes, Wal-Mart, Home Depot, Staples, J.Jill group distribution, B.J.’s Wholesale, the Market Basket supermarket, and other retailers. Several small industrial companies have located or expanded here. Tilton’s Riverfront Park project, fronting on the Winnipesaukee River, has revitalized the downtown district. Tilton borders Lake Winnisquam and is host to the 18- hole Lochmere Country Club on Route 3.
- Land Area: 11.4 Sq. Mi.
- Inland Water Area: 0.5 Sq. Mi.
- Schools: Winnisquam Regional District, Tilton School (Private)
- Town Office: 286-4425
- Town Website: www.tiltonnh.org
- Public Library: 18 Park Street, Northfield
- Library Website: www.hallmemoriallibrary.org
- Rec. Facilities: Retail shopping at 60+ Factory Outlet stores, numerous chain restaurants, Hemingway State Reservation, 18-Hole Lochmere Country Club.